Monday, October 4, 2010

Understanding – A Forgotten Art

Original Date Written: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 1:13am

        This note is for all those that are willing to understand other people and compromise with them (when necessary). Just looking at the young men and women of today, I can see that most of them do not know how to have a real conversation. A conversation can sometimes consist of being Question/Answer and allowing the conversation to flow from there. General interests are discussed about varying topics from music, art, clothing, family, even life situations (i.e. What if). This is how people learn to understand one another, how much the other person knows about his or herself, and how much you know about yourself. Conversations like these can be uncomfortable for some people as they realize they do not know who they are.

        From what I can see, most relationships today considering men and women of my age are based on the physical. Some men what to be seen with a particular girl, while some women want to be seen with a particular man. In turn, people get hurt, babies are born, and they have to live with those life decisions. All this can be avoided by actually talking and learning the person, you are involved with. I am not saying be lovely dovey and soft all day, but can I just understand your POV. I want to know the person I may be sticking my dick into if I am a guy, or allowing to come into me if I am a girl. It has not been looked at from this view, but it should be. How do you allow another person to have a piece of your spirit when you do not “know” him or her? Having unprotected sex with a person can have life-altering effects.

        Honestly, I believe that men and women who engage in relationships who heavily consider the physical are shallow and have nothing to offer. Again, this is my opinion. Men play the game because they do not want to be seen as soft, while women begin to play the game because they do not want to be hurt. Women who actually care have their hearts hardened by asshole men. In turn the good men who are out there have a harder time because they have to "soften" women up and show them that there are still good men in the world. Women do the same thing too. Women will damage men because they have been damaged which in turn created these cold hearted and lack of understanding relationships.

        You are not going to die if you have a conversation with a person about who they are or what they are interests are. A good relationship needs communication now only with the person you are with, but with yourself. I know who I am. I know what I want. Men and women who "Play the game" need to understand that talking is a vital part of being human. Communication is the key to everything in life. Miscommunication is the lack of understanding. There is no way that a man or woman should be with a person and not know their prior history of relationships or anything of that matter. These things need to be discussed. Why the relationship ended the way it did, what do you find attractive about a person and general interest.

I hope and pray that the people that read this take something back and can actually relate to what I am trying to say. If anyone can please refer them to this note.

No comments: