Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Lack of Understanding in our Education System


        Ok, so I have been on this tangent about learning and understanding how the world operates. With that said, I had to connect with concepts and ideas in a manner that made me laugh. Amongst the laughter, I found out that I had actually learned something. When it comes to learning humans find something to relate to one thing in order to understand another. For example, take boxing. I have spoken with my older brother about boxing, and related it to something that I could understand, which at the time was Yugioh. Later on that day, my brother and I spoke to my mother and it translated to her through cooking.

        Right now, I am taking up Mathematics and Computer Science. The level of understanding that comes along with them is a bit of common sense along with critical thinking skills. In essence, it is about problem solving. Men and women are immature in regards to prevailing through hardship to get to a desired goal. I hate the saying "eventually you'll understand". Seeing as where I am going I do not have that kind of time. I need to be able to connect the new information with something I have already mastered an understanding in. Teachers dictate the new information and do not explain it in a manner in which we will understand right off the bat. Now granted no one is built the same, however due to the nature of parents currently I feel like they do not teach their children to connect new concepts with old ones.

        I have had to sit back and connect everything with something I have already understood in order to progress further in life. Now that I know Computer Science and Mathematics involve problem solving, I look for the issues in the equation. In a sense, life is an equation that is always changing. Variables are developed and issued, and we must calculate how to continue effectively. "The Lack of Understanding in our Education System" is but a sample of the fucked up world we truly live in. Society and the education system do not want you to master being aware, communication, understanding, and being determined. These concepts lead to the "path of power" (DBZ reference). To a certain extent, Goku understood the world he lived in, however he was oblivious to the concepts the defined the world he lived in. Even I, with the knowledge that I have, am oblivious to certain things, but the beauty of it is finding those concepts.

        All of the realms inside the "Education System" involve understanding in a manner, which few can explain. America's education system uses the banking system. For a moment think about what you do when you go to a bank. If you do not have any money you cannot make a deposit or even operate with the bank. With that said, students are considered banks, and teachers are considered those who possess money. This kind of thinking plagues our education system. How can you consider a student at any age to contain nothing? Nothing can be considered as having no morals, values, and information period. Learning from the education system messes you up and makes you an ass. Then men and women of all colors, and creeds, become stigmas and count towards the prison system. Our generation and those coming after us suffer because of the blatant ignorance that is distributed.

        Please parents, peers, friends or whoever you are teach each other young and old, any and every ethnic group to understand and grow as people. We all need to be aware of the traps that life has to offer in everything that is "offered" to us. Learn to understand, and strive to be great in whatever you decide to do with your life. Understanding gives lead way to a level of knowledge that is dangerous to you IF you know how to wield it. Do not strive to be a soldier, but a warrior in life. Warriors master defending and attacking things that hurt them. Strive to master self, and you will definitely come a long way. This and other things are really, what education is about.

No comments: