Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Search for Love, Happiness, and Satisfaction


        Throughout the human experience, we come across a variety of people. Inside of those people, exist experiences that have shaped the way in which they view the world. The same thing applies to you. We all want that one person that will love us 100%. In that journey to find the imperfect person, we must go through trials and tribulations that help us appreciate what we are looking for. When it comes to love, happiness, and satisfaction, that person manages to balance all three. Sometimes the road to each of these lanes may intertwine, while others may be off in separate directions. Within the last, few weeks I began to examine just what makes me happy, my idea of love, and what satisfies me. There are men and women out in the world that spend their entire life times trying to find people that compliment them, while others steadily bump their heads without evaluating self. In order for one to know or want love, happiness, and satisfaction, they must have a desire to seek it. From there on you study how you feel when you are in love, happy or satisfied. For me I love people, I am happy helping people, but the lengths to which I am able to help people leaves me unsatisfied.

         In no way have, I thought about bashing young men and women that have kids in their early 20’s. The only thing I stress is that parents have enough respect for them to give their kids a better future and not raise them to be passive, ignorant, and intolerant of people. I personally have suffered from loneliness. That is not something that many people would be willing to admit, but to get anywhere you have to understand where you are coming from. I say that to pose a question: is it possible that young men and women are having kids because they are not loved, unhappy, and unsatisfied? It is very possible to say the least. I see the beauty behind having children despite the economic problems of America. Children make us want to do better, and give us meaning. They fill a void of being worthy to do for someone. For starters, I am an uncle. My niece Zoe brings joy and meaning to my life. She makes me want to do more. I love my niece and I want nothing, but happiness for her, however I still suffer from loneliness. Children can do but so much, however where do we go from here?

        The search for love, happiness, and satisfaction is not limited to physical means. Drug addicts, serial killers, and even those that enslave women for money find happiness in what they do. I am not saying that these behaviors are right, but I cannot judge how another decides to seek out what makes them complete. The only thing that I am concerned with is being too comfortable. From firsthand experience, I can tell you that being comfortable can leave you stunned and immature, but for others that may not be the case. Enjoy the growth that we have been able to experience and learn from it. Think about what you really desire and get it. Wants and needs are different for everyone, but be realistic about them. For me simplicity is what makes me happy. Being able to wake up, look out the window, and stare in the sky can keep a smile on my face for the rest of the day. Above everything, do not sell yourself short from being loved, happy, or satisfied. When you travel down that lane, you are only lying to yourself. Find something to smile about in these hard times. As always, I leave you with food for thought. Open a window and let the sun shine. You deserve it J

No comments: